Welcome to Colonial Service Station, a full-service auto repair and gasoline station!
Maintenance and Repair
Sometimes what seems to be a warning that something major is about to break may be a hint from your car’s computer or engine that it is time for a tune-up, cleaning or a problem with a control center. The vital components of your engine, such as fuel injectors and intake manifolds can gum up with dirt, varnish, and carbon. Those issues cause rough idling and lost performance. Our technicians clean these components performing a two-part fuel injection service to improve overall performance, mileage, and acceleration. The timing belt should be changed every 60,000 miles or can increase cost significantly otherwise and you should always replace oxygen sensors at 60,000 to 70,000 miles. Another important service we recommend is to have your chassis undercoated to prevent corroding from salt and rainwater.
Two important services will save you money on future repairs by resolving problems at their start:
1. Computer Diagnostic Service: The multiple diagnostic scanners we use today remains to be the most useful tools for our technicians today. Various sensors in the engine send data to the main computer, which attempts to resolve the problem. If it is not able to put the car back into balance, the internal computer lights up the check engine light. A code is generated to help the technician identify where the problem is and how to fix it.
A scanner is put into the connector of the On-Board Diagnostics computer interface. The technician enters data like the car’s model and VIN into the scanner. It can capture the diagnostic code and report it back. That code is used by the technician to further diagnose and pinpoint the exact problem.
2. Wheel alignment: This should be checked about once a year or sooner if you frequently drive over rough roads. Symptoms of improper alignment include uneven wear of tires and the tendency of the car to pull to the right or left while driving. Poor alignment results in an uncomfortable ride and replacement of tires before their time. A common problem today is the tire pressure light turns on for many different reasons. A change in temperature or road conditions does not necessarily mean the tire is going flat, which many people think and tend to get alarmed. These tire sensors are too touchy and one or two pounds of difference will turn on the light on your dashboard. Bring in to us and we will check your tire pressure at no charge. If it goes on again then you can have a sensor problem or a slow leak, which we can also take care of it for you as well.
Early drop off and late pick up for your convenience. 12 Month, 12,000 Mile Warranty on all work performed!
Our technicians are qualified to perform many other types of services, including:
- Under Coating
- Auto Body Repair
- Medium-Duty Truck Repair
- Electrical Repairs
- Computer Diagnostics and Repair
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- ABS Braking
- Front End Service
- Struts and Shocks
- Brakes and Tires (carrying all major brands)
- Transmission Service and Repair
- Interval Service
- Starters and Alternators
- Gasoline Station with Diesel Fuel
Additional services include:
- Hydraulic Hoses Made on Premises
- Mobile Battery Service and Battery Installation
- Emergency Road Service
- Snow Removal and Plowing
- Auto Glass Installation
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Accepted
- Lease Return Final Inspection Check Outs
New York State Inspection License # 6430118
Importance of Oil Changes
When it’s time for an oil change, it’s important to use the correct oil. You must use synthetic oil if your vehicle requires synthetic oil. Not doing so can have disastrous consequences in the near future. Sludge build up can occur, causing malfunctions to critical sensors dependent on oil pressure to work properly as well as several potentially costly repairs. And service for engine failure or oil related failures, normally covered under warranty, can be denied by your dealer due to improper oil whether your vehicle is a lease or not. Synthetic oil may appear to be more expensive than standard oil but the cost is virtually the same, having to be changed approximately 6-7000 miles offers twice the oil life of standard oil that must be changed at approximately 3000 miles. So, remember to take care of your vehicle so it will take care of you Since the cost of using the improper oil can be potentially through the roof.