2430 Richmond Rd
Staten Island, NY 10306
Welcome to Colonial Service Station, a full service auto repair, towing, and gasoline station!
Maintenance and Repair
Sometimes what seems to be a warning that something major is about to break may be a hint from your car’s computer or engine that it is time for a tune-up, cleaning, or a problem with a control center. The vital components of your engine, such as fuel injectors, intake manifolds, can gum up with dirt, varnish and carbon. Those issues cause rough idling and lost performance. Our technicians clean these components performing a two part fuel injection service to improve overall performance, mileage and acceleration. The timing belt should be changed every 60,000 miles or can increase cost significantly otherwise and you should always replace oxygen sensors at 60,000 to 70,000 miles. Another important service we recommend is to have your chassis undercoated to prevent corroding from salt and rain water.
Two important services will save you money on future repairs by resolving problems at their start:
1. Computer Diagnostic Service: The multiple diagnostic scanners we use today remains to be the most useful tools for our technicians today. Various sensors in the engine send data to the main computer, which attempts to resolve the problem. If it is not able to put the car back into balance, the internal computer lights up the check engine light. A code is generated to help the technician identify where the problem is and how to fix it.
A scanner is put into the connector of the On Board Diagnostics computer interface. The technician enters data like the car’s model and VIN into the scanner. It is able to capture the diagnostic code and report it back. That code is used by the technician to further diagnose and pinpoint the exact problem.
2. Wheel alignment: This should be checked about once a year or sooner if you frequently drive over rough roads. Symptoms of improper alignment include uneven wear of tires and the tendency of the car to pull to the right or left while driving. Poor alignment results in an uncomfortable ride and replacement of tires before their time. A common problem today is the tire pressure light turns on for many different reasons. A change in temperature or road conditions does not necessarily mean the tire is going flat, which many people think and tend to get alarmed. These tire sensors are to touchy and one or two pounds of difference will turn on the light on your dashboard. Bring in to us and we will check your tire pressure at no charge. If it goes on again then you can have a sensor problem or a slow leak, which we can also take care of it for you as well.
Early drop off and late pick up for your convenience. 12 Month, 12,000 Mile Warranty on all work performed!
Our technicians are qualified to perform many other types of services, including:
- Under Coating
- Auto Body Repair
- Medium Duty Truck Repair
- Electrical Repairs
- Computer Diagnostics and Repair
- Tune ups
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- ABS Braking
- Front End Service
- Struts and Shocks
- Brakes and Tires (Carry all major brands)
- Gasoline Station with Diesel Fuel
- Transmission Service and Repair
- Interval Service
- Starters and Alternators
Additional services include:
- Hydraulic hoses made on premises
- Mobile Battery Service and Battery Installation
- Emergency Road Service
- Snow removal and plowing
- Auto glass installation
- Mechanical breakdown insurance accepted
- Lease Return final inspection check outs
New York State Inspection License # 6430118